Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Only me...

The building shook. And I don't mean one of those slight movements that you sometimes feel when trucks go by or when work is being done nearby. I mean the building SHOOK. It kept shaking for at least 60 seconds or maybe more and then just stopped. I was confused and shocked. I had no idea what the heck had just happened and before I could open my mouth to say anything one of the ladies interviewing me said "Was that an earthquake?!?" Naturally I tried to play it cool. I just sat there looking around while the building was shaking (with a complete disaster going on inside of my head) telling myself to just stay where I was and keep calm. The lady that asked if it was an earthquake got up and left the room to go and make sure that her team was alright. In the meantime, the other lady looked at me, and I looked at her and we continued the interview. It would be only me that has an earthquake interrupt my interview. LOL. I think I handled it wonderfully though. About two days later I received a phone call from the recruiter that got me the interview. She said...well...that can wait.

I got home from the interview and started making phone calls to make sure that everyone was alright after the earthquake. I heard that it could be felt all the way up to NY. Also, it was powerful enough that it knocked some things over in my cousin's shop and broke them. It was just so weird to have an earthquake in Pennsylvania to me. I had actually never been anywhere near one. This was actually the same day that I broke up with my BF, but it was hours before it actually happened. This day was the exact same day that we were supposed to get his ticket to come see me for my birthday the next week. So naturally he was one of the people that I called to check in on after the earthquake. We talked for about 45 seconds. I asked him was everything ok and he said he didn't even feel the earthquake. Then he told me he was mowing the lawn and would call me back when he was finished. I was a bit put off by how he rushed me off of the phone and didn't even bother to ask me how my interview went. I tried to ignore it and went on with the rest of my day. Everybody else was fine. Some felt the earthquake more than others, but nothing serious.

Later that night I called him again. This time I was very frustrated because not only did he not return my phone call, he was completely ignoring the fact that I had a very important interview, and he never called me so we could set up his Greyhound ticket. Besides the fact that I really need him to do what he says he is going to do when he says he is going to do it, there was a 7-day advance ticket purchase discount that I wanted him to take advantage of. If we didn't get the ticket soon he would lose out on it. So I called and he actually answered the phone (twice in one day was rare for him to pick up the phone). Of course, as soon as he picked up he said he was busy with his dad and had to call me back. That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. This had been going on for almost two months and I had enough of it. I sent him a text message saying how hurt and disappointed I was, and that he has been neglecting and ignoring the relationship long enough. I told him how I was feeling and said that I didn't really see a resolution because I cannot even get him to talk to me on the phone for more than 60 seconds at a time. I said I felt like he either didn't want to be with me anymore or was cheating on me. Either way, it was over. I waited and waited for a response and received nothing in return. Days went by and I hadn't heard anything at all back from him. Then Hurricane Irene came and the situation played out with my friend calling him and him picking up the phone. So I got on my wifi phone and ripped him a new one. He was so shocked that he had no choice but to respond. He was caught. He said he didn't want to argue and that I broke up with him. So I said "of course I broke up with you, you aren't acting like any kind of decent boyfriend I've ever heard of!" I also added in that a lot has been going on with me and I'm always trying to keep him in the know and he could care less. If he didn't care about what was going on in my life, and didn't care if he ever spoke to me and obviously didn't want to come see me...well what the hell were we in a relationship for?

His response made me feel like I had just stepped into the Twilight Zone. He texted me and said he wanted to come see me, and he was still coming if I would allow him to. He did not want to break up and is sorry for the way he has been acting. He needs me in his life and doesn't want to lose what we have. Well, this doesn't happen very often in my life at all, but I was completely speechless. I didn't even know what to say back to him. I did tell him that it may be pointless because I was very hurt and angry and the trip wouldn't be all peaches and cream for him. He says he didn't care. He promised he was coming for my birthday and he planned on keeping his promises starting with that one. This was definitely not the way I thought this conversation would go. Honestly I had no clue how the conversation would go. Normally I would have never called him again and never picked up the phone if he tried to call me, but for some reason I just couldn't let it go. Now that he was telling me what I wanted to hear, I didn't know what to say. So I said...

No comments:

Post a Comment